Packing is filled with mishaps, that sadly, we only realize once it’s too late. Sometimes we forget to pack our essentials (like that high-SPF sunblock or those thick winter socks). Other times we end up with a mess of stuff that takes as long to unpack as it does to unpack. And for the frequent flyers out there, how many times have you packed up your toiletries, only for them to explode in your bag mid-flight?
To avoid those typical travel disasters, we’ve compiled a couple of travel tips that will definitely come in handy. So the next time you’re heading out for a vacation or even a business trip, keep these packing hacks in mind.
1. Stuff your hats with clothes so they don’t get deformed in your luggage.
2. Roll delicate clothing between some tissue paper to give them some extra protection.
3. As for other clothes, just roll them up to save up on space.
4. Get your hands on some packing cubes to make it easier to find where you packed what.
5. Keep dryer sheets in your luggage to avoid that “old suitcase” smell on your clothes, and have some extra bags for dirty laundry and wet clothes.
6. Wrap some cling wrap under the lid of any liquids to avoid any leaks.
7. Don’t like using those free little hotel toiletries? Pack your own in a prescription bottle.
8. Pack small amounts of liquids (like eye cream, night cream, maybe some concealer) in a contact lens case.
9. Pack breakable bottles of perfume or foundation in thick socks.
10. Put cotton pads or balls on the inside of pressed powder makeup to keep them from breaking.
11. Secure your razors with binder clips to avoid cuts.
12. String necklaces through a straw to keep them from tangling.
13. Keep small jewelry like rings and earrings in a pill box.
14. Stash bobby pins in a TicTac case.
15. Keep emergency cash and some In Case of Emergency information in an empty Chapstick tube and keep it on you at all times!
Now you’re packed and ready to go!